- 2 slices of smoked applewood bacon cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 shallots peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 head of garlic
- 1/2 medium leek cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 5 Portobello caps cut 1/2 inch cubes (porcini o chanterelle may be substituted)
- 1/2 bottle Pinot Noir
- 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock
- 2 cups of My Artisano Foods Nata Cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons of My Artisano Foods Mediterranean Cheese
- 1 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of prosciutto, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon black truffle, diced
In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, sweat the bacon, shallots, garlic, and leeks until transparent, about 20 minutes. (add a teaspoon of olive oil if needed)
Add portobello mushrooms and continue to sweat until most of the moisture is removed from the mushrooms.
Add Pinot Noir and reduce wine by three fourths.
Cover mushrooms with chicken stock and reduce to a slow simmer, cooking fro about 45 min.
Add Nata Cheese and bring to a boil. Puree in batches in a blender, gradually adding butter. Season well and pass through a sieve. Adjust thickness with hot chicken stock (if needed) and season to like. Keep warm.
Divide among 4 bowls. Garnish with crumbled Mediterranean Cheese, chives, prosciuotto, and truffle.