A tasty soup for cold winter days, made with our own Mediterranean Cheese.
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- ½ Teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 ½ lb of butternut squash (peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 4 cups of vegetable or chicken broth (your preference)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup of crumbled My Artisano Foods Mediterranean Cheese
Heat the oven to 325 F. In a non-stick baking sheet toss the pumpkin seeds, butter, chili powder, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Bake, and toss twice or more until toasted and crisp (about 15 min). Set aside.
Combine the butternut squash, vegetable or chicken broth, ginger, and nutmeg in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the pumpkin is very tender (about 20 min). Season with vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Remove the pot from the heat. Puree the soup in a blender in small batches, adding more broth if necessary to yield a smooth consistency. Spoon each serving into a bowl and top each bowl with about two tablespoons of My Artisano Foods Mediterranean Cheese. Garnish with the toasted pumpkin seeds.